Monday, February 2, 2015

Omni

It's February 2.  So, did I finish my goal of reading the Book of Mormon in 30 days?

Nope.

I'm too much of a procrastinator, but I am in the book of Omni. It's a short book. Omni starts it out by saying that he is a wicked man and so he passes the records on to his son. And his son makes an observation that holds great significance. 

4 And now I, Amaron, write the things whatsoever I write, which are few, in the book of my father.

5 Behold, it came to pass that three hundred and twenty years had passed away, and the more wicked part of the Nephites were destroyed.

6 For the Lord would not suffer, after he had led them out of the land of Jerusalem and kept and preserved them from falling into the hands of their enemies, yea, he would not suffer that the words should not be verified, which he spake unto our fathers, saying that: Inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall not prosper in the land.
Omni 1:4-6

http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/omni/1?lang=eng


Knowing that the Book of Mormon was written for us in our day, what do you think of that?  Here we are in America, a nation that makes war outside our land, that allows all sorts of iniquity to progress unchecked inside our land. I have to wonder just how much longer we will be allowed to hold our land. I think we are certainly on the verge of not prospering. We are already in bondage to powerful forces that control our ability to live free and in peace. 

No comments: